DROE Tool Update
I posted a minor update to the DROE Tool, now at version 0.2 (Beta). There are three changes in this release:
- The download now includes a detailed README file with installation/upgrade instructions, screen shots, and troubleshooting tips.
- The check to make sure that the OneNote DROE page successfully opened is now case insensitive, so it’s a bit more forgiving.
- Toggling the tray icon now also displays the version information for the tool.
You can download the latest version on the Downloads page. Thanks especially to Tripp Castell for helping to troubleshoot the previous version.
May 31, 2016 - 12:10 am
I can’t believe it has taken me over two years to get this code cleaned up and posted! In that time I have changed companies, moved my family across the country, started a new job, bought a house, sold a house, and dealt with some health issues. Even then, I can’t believe this has taken [...]
Just a quick update… I obviously have not had much time to maintain the DROE tool over the past few years. My original hope was that I could keep up with new features and new requests, but unfortunately that has not been the case.
My plan now is to clean up the source code, [...]
One of the modifications that I’ve made to MLO is to add some custom status icons so that I can scan the list and get a quick visual indication of what is going on with each task. This is especially useful in the MLO Outline tab where I usually do not apply any filtering (see [...]
As promised, here is an update to the DROE Tool. I am calling this an alpha release since there may still be some rough edges, and this includes only about half the list of planned fixes and improvements. Here is the summary of what is included in 0.5 alpha 01:
Hopefully fixed all compatibility issues with [...]
I am finally working on a major update to the DROE Tool (stealing time over the holiday weekend). I hope to have an alpha test version posted within the coming week. I have already fixed the compatibility issue with OneNote 2010, and am working on some other enhancements such as configurable hotkey definitions.
I have pulled [...]
Here is something I am trying for 2010… I hesitate to call it a new year’s resolution, so let’s just call it an “experiment”. Sometimes it is tough to get focus with my big fancy fiddly collection of GTD lists. There are just too many items on the lists, and even when [...]
I’m a big fan of reQall, Jott, and the various other voice-to-text services out there. I currently have a reQall Pro account and use it on a daily basis. Naturally, the first thing that came to mind when I heard that Google Voice was going to have voice transcription capabilities was using it to augment [...]
UPDATE OCT 2009: Reader jumpjack has created a Google Code project for this macro. You can download the latest source code on the project page.
There are many good reasons to strip attachments from your email messages. The main reason for me is that I often embed email messages into my Outlook tasks for [...]
July 20, 2008 - 9:02 pm
In a previous post I talked about my quest for an empty inbox and all the tools I tried along the way. Well, I’m at it again. My previous tool of choice, Taglocity, has taken a turn toward online social/collaborative email in their 2.0 release. I’m afraid that 99% of the email I [...]
July 15, 2008 - 9:04 pm
I just released a new version of the Daily Record of Events (DROE) note taking tool. This release adds support for EverNote and text-based DROE files, as well as enhancements for the OneNote DROE.
From the README file, here is a summary of what changed in v0.4 (Beta). For complete details, download the README [...]
Comments are closed.